ABC Leadership Institute 2020 Safety and Health Preparedness Plan
Creating a safe and healthy ABC Leadership Institute experience is our top priority.
ABC is preparing the Leadership Institute week experience so that all individuals on site—attendees, speakers, staff and venue personnel—remain safe, healthy and comfortable throughout the event.
We are monitoring the COVID-19 status and are in constant communication with the Scottsdale Convention Visitors Bureaus, the team at the Westin Kierland and local authorities. Please feel free to visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention for recommendations on how to protect yourself against COVID-19. You can also see the current health and safety protocols that we will be following in Scottsdale here.
ABC is committed to the health and safety of all attendees, and all on-site attendees for any portion of Leadership Institute will be required to sign a Personal Accountability and Responsibility Commitment Document upon arrival, as well as have your temperature taken daily. If you are not comfortable with these procedures, please plan to register as a virtual attendee.
ABC National’s Safety and Health Strategy
The safety and health of all those on site at Leadership Institute is our top priority. The below plan is a living document that will continue to evolve, as we incorporate features that will further enhance the on-site experience for everyone in attendance and be an example of world-class safety and health proactive preparedness.
- On-site medical professionals
- • Temperature checks each day before entering the event. Attendees will receive a different color sticker every morning to confirm they have been cleared to participate.
- • Attendees must sign a Personal Accountability and Responsibility Document to confirm that they do not have symptoms of COVID-19 and accept the risk of attending an in-person event.
- • COVID-19 Health Security Plan (found in ABC Events app).
- Name badges and lanyards will be picked up at a separate registration desk from the health check-in desk
- Masks will be required on site
- • A cotton, reusable mask will be supplied by ABC and provided to you at registration.
- • You may also bring your own mask or facial covering.
- Hand sanitizer
- • Personal-sized hand sanitizer that contains the recommended percentage of isopropyl alcohol will be supplied by ABC and provided at registration.
- • Hand sanitizer stations will be positioned throughout the meeting space.
- Additional protocols
- • Responsible food and beverage/seating/spacing setups for meeting spaces.
- • Basic hygiene reminders and public service announcements will be included at all Leadership activities, such as a standard safety moment to be reviewed at the beginning of every meeting or education session.
- • Appropriate signage and floor decals to reinforce social distancing and other safety reminders will be prominently displayed throughout both the hotel and meeting space.
- • A dedicated wellness button will be available on the ABC Events App.
Personal Accountability Commitment
ABC Leadership Institute attendees agree to abide by and engage in certain safe and healthy conduct while attending the event. This includes, but is not limited to, submitting to daily temperature checks, wearing a mask at all times in public areas, engaging in appropriate physical distancing and not attending the event if you are ill or have been recently exposed to COVID-19.
As a reminder, if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms, please consider a proxy or attending in the virtual environment:
- • Fever.
- • Temperature over 100.4 F.
- • Loss of taste or smell.
- • Dry cough.
- • Runny nose.
- • Sore throat.
Venue and Accommodations
Our host venue, the Westin Kierland Resort & Spa, a Marriott property, released their Commitment to Clean that provides in-depth details on how the hotel plans to facilitate a safe, secure and healthy environment onsite for all participants, both in terms of our Leadership Institute program and standard hotel operations. For more information on the Marriott Commitment to Clean, please click here.
Travel and Transportation
We are staying up to date on all travel guidelines, considerations and restrictions from national and local authorities. Please click here to see current travel restrictions/requirements by state. If flying into the Phoenix/Scottsdale area, please note that masks/facial coverings are required within the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).
See what action TSA’s taking in response to COVID-19 here.
See what major U.S. airlines are doing by visiting their websites:
Register Risk-free for On-site Attendance Today
In anticipation of the possibility for travel interruptions, we are offering a risk-free registration. Register for Leadership Institute 2020 and in the event of unforeseen circumstances you can cancel on-site attendance up until Friday, Oct. 23 for any reason. In the event of cancellation your on-site attendance will be automatically transferred to a live digital experience registration and you will be refunded the price difference.
We want everyone to experience Leadership Institute in a way that works best for them. Both our in-person and digital experiences will enable you to grow through education and connections that are insightful, meaningful and actionable. For COVID-19 pandemic resources, visit the CDC website.
For any questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to email@example.com